A Day In the Life of Me

My  favorite blog posts tend to be the “Day In the Life Posts” from the bloggers I follow. It’s just interesting to me to see how other people go about their days. So I thought I’d do one myself! I picked a super ordinary Thursday and tried to remember to take pictures throughout the day. I didn’t do the greatest job of this, as I kept forgetting as I went about my normal routine. But I did manage to get some pictures- so here goes, a day in the life of Me!


My alarm goes off every weekday morning at 6:45am. I usually stare at my phone and read emails or Facebook while my brain comes to terms with waking up. After 15 minutes of that I drag myself out of bed and start getting ready for the day. I shower at night before going to bed, so I have one less thing to do in the morning. I get up, wash my face, brush my teeth, do my make-up and hair, and get dressed all while getting Cooper up, and feeding him some breakfast.

Some of my must have products in the morning are this foundation: bareMinerals BarePro Performance Wear Liquid Foundation


I love this foundation. I put in on with a damp make-up sponge and then use the bareMinerals Mineral Veil to set it. It lasts all day, controls shine, gives great coverage, and looks natural. It also doesn’t settle into my smile lines like other foundations I’ve used.

I also use these three products on days when I’m wearing my hair curly:


I use the Dream Curls Spray first then I put a few pump of the Air Dry Styling Foam and then a ping-pong ball sized amount of the Pantene Curl Defining Mousse. The combination of these products keep my hair from getting bushy and frizzy, and give me a nice amount of waves. Plus they’re all inexpensive and the bottles last me a while.

Cooper usually eats a very simple breakfast. It’s either waffles, cereal, or toast with peanut butter. I give him 20 minutes to eat and watch some television, and then it’s time for him to brush his teeth and get dressed. I still do his hair- I’m not ready to let go of that quite yet 😉


November in Southern California means chilly mornings and hot afternoons, so a light jacket and shorts is what I usually send him to school in. He was dressed and ready to go!

I don’t do the drop off line at school. I park my car, walk up the hill, hug him goodbye at the gate, and watch him walk in. I really don’t know when I’ll be able to just drop him off at the curb- to be honest my anxiety just wont allow it. I need to be able to see him walk all the way in. #yesiknowimcrazy

After drop off, I drove back home. I had some time to kill before I had to leave for work., so I put some dishes in the dishwasher, cleaned the house a bit, and gave the dogs a bath.


I wash Minnie and Macy right there in the kitchen sink. They hate it! But they get a bath every week. After their baths they get a treat for being good 🙂


Next, I threw dinner in the crock pot. Frozen chicken breasts, BBQ sauce, brown sugar and a few other ingredients that becomes shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches.


Then it was off to work.

It takes me about 40 minutes to get to work without traffic. But I live in Southern California so there’s ALWAYS traffic. My commute looks like this:


It’s a lot of stop and go, but I’m used to it.


At work I completely failed at taking pictures of my day. I own a tanning salon, so it’s a lot of cleaning tanning beds, chit chatting with customers, spray tanning clients, washing and folding towels, and general cleaning. Nothing too exciting, but it was a busy shift so I  got into work mode and forgot about taking pictures.

After work, I turned around and drove back home. I  take as many side streets as I can and only get on the dreaded 91 Freeway when I have to. Don’t worry- I was driving extremely slow when I snapped this picture.



I met up with my husband at my sons baseball practice. It was his last practice of the Fall season, and I really didn’t want to miss it. They played a little coaches vs. kids scrimmage and they had such a good time. It was really fun to watch!


Practice was over at 6pm, and we went straight home. I shredded up my chicken that had been cooking in the crock-pot and we ate shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches for dinner.


If you want to check out the recipe the link is here:

Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue

I follow the recipe except I substitue the Italian Dressing for this:

Lawry’s, Herb & Garlic Marinade

I’ve never tried it using the bottled Italian dressing that the recipe calls for. The idea of putting an oily salad dressing in this chicken mixture just sounds unappetizing. But made with this marinade, this chicken is delicious. Even my picky kid eats it up!

After dinner, it was clean up time. Lots of dirty dishes went into the dishwasher and I wiped down the counters and vacuumed the crumbs. I can’t stand leaving the kitchen messy.

After cleaning up it was homework time for this kiddo:


On this particular night he had to finish his Animal Report, do his nightly reading, and study for his Friday spelling test. He is doing really great in school this year and we are super proud of how hard he’s been working.

After home work it was time for Cooper to shower and get ready for bed.


He’s growing like a weed and almost all his pajamas are getting too small!

We played for a bit, then read a book together. This is my favorite part of our day. Right now we are switching back and fourth between Pokemon books and Harry Potter.


After our book it was lights out for him. I jumped in the shower and then afterwards I put on a good layer of this:


It’s a great peel that I use about once a week. It keeps my skin clear and I feel like it helps fade my old acne scars. I buy it at Sephora.

After that I made myself comfortable on the couch and painted my nails while I watched the latest episode of The Real Housewives of Orange County.


I bought this polish at Target and I really like it. It lasts a long time and dries super fast.

After that I headed to bed. I always got to bed way too late. Usually around midnight. I just can’t fall asleep any earlier than that. I’m a total night-owl and I catch my ‘second wind” around 10pm. Then I’m super tired every morning. It’s a vicious cycle…


So that’s it- a typical day in my life! Probably not too different from most of yours. Thanks for reading along 🙂



One thought on “A Day In the Life of Me

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s