Happy Friday everyone! For the first time since we been self-quarantining, it actually feels like a Friday. We started “distance learning” this week, which gave a lot more structure to our days. I’m feeling thankful for the bit of normalcy being back in “school mode” brings. I’m linking up with Erika once again for a short list of favorites from this week. Here it goes:
My first favorite from this week was Easter! We had a really nice Easter weekend at home together. This year was different than usual, but it was still a great day. I wrote all about it in my blog post here:
My second favorite thing this week is this:
Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3 Repairing Treatment
I’ve been using this on my hair once or twice a month for about 6 months. I feel like my hair is breaking much less than it used to, and it feels smoother and much healthier overall. My hair is super long, dry, curly, and coarse so it is especially prone to breakage. Complicate all that with the bleaching I put my hair through and that equals very damaged hair. I feel like this is the holy grail product that is saving my hair. It’s application is sort of strange since it’s not a conditioner(which is what I originally thought). You wet your hair(I just stick my head under the sink faucet) squeeze out the excess water, and then work this through your hair. Then I put on a shower cap and let it sit for an hour or two, and then I take a shower and shampoo it out and then condition my hair as usual. I think this would probably be great for all hair types since you shampoo it out after using it, so there isn’t any product build-up to weigh down fine or thin hair. If your hair could use some repairing- try this!
My third favorite thing this week is definitely Amazon. I don’t know what I’d do right now without their deliveries. I haven’t been to a store since March 12th. My husband has gone grocery shopping only twice since then for things like meat, produce, milk, and eggs. Everything else we have has been ordered through Amazon. I wrote about some of my most recent purchases in my blog post here:
It’s definitely a fun assortment!
My final favorite of the week is definitely technology! The highlights of our week have all been technology based:
- My son gets to video chat with his cousins who live 7 hours away(I’m listening to him talk with them as I type this) almost every day. This is an awesome blessing, because it gives him a chance to play his favorite video game while talking to his cousins that he loves and misses…and I get some free time for myself 😉
- Cooper also got to have a Zoom meeting with his teachers and classmates today which was so fun to watch! Seeing Cooper’s face light up when his teacher said hello to him was so sweet. It was so fun to hear all the kids excitedly saying hello to each other.
- I’ve been able to have a video chat “Happy Hour” with my friends every Friday. One of them has a newborn baby that I’m not able to meet right now, but I’m able to see him on video chat, which I LOVE.
- Cooper and I have been starting our days doing kid yoga on Youtube which gets his wiggles out before we start schoolwork.
- We were able to rent the new Trolls movie and watch it from home with the push of a button. Same goes for Onward. Not quite as fun as an actual trip to the theater but I’ll take it!
- Thanks to apps on my phone(Epic and Raz kids for him Amazon Kindle for me) I have a seemingly endless supply of books for my son and I to read. There’s a book for any subject he wants to learn more about and so many storybooks to choose from. We couldn’t run out if we tried.
I am so grateful for all of these things! To maintain social contact and actually see our friends and family has helped this self-quarantine situation feel less painful. And the convenience of having so many movies, books and videos at our fingertips is just awesome.
When I was Coopers age it was 1989. I would have lost my mind if I would have had to go through a pandemic like this back then! I can’t even imagine being stuck in my house with no technology, and maybe 2 channels on TV to watch. Sure I had toys and books, but after a while those would get old. Thank goodness times have changed so much!
Well guys, that’s going to be it for this week. Please know that I completely understand the seriousness of what we are going through. I just try to look at the positive side of things and find the silver lining to every situation. It’s the only thing I can do to stay sane and not let my anxiety swallow me whole. If you are a nurse, doctor, first responder, or someone working on the front lines of all of this, you are my real FAVORITE this week! All of you are in my thoughts and prayers. Please know that my family appreciates what you are doing.
Stay safe everyone!